Monday June 3rd-Friday June 7th 2019
Full amount of tour-price due: Monday March 25th 2019
Tour-price per head £995.00
Manchester remains Britain’s premier Northern city, the great cottonopolis, inland seaport and transport centre of the Industrial Revolution, cultural home of the Hallé orchestra and Coronation Street, host to a wealth of ethnic and religious groups from all over the world, vibrantly re-creating itself for the twenty-first century. Within its boundaries are some of the most remarkable historic and cultural sites in the North of England, and some particularly unusual and enjoyable experiences for visitors.
This tour provides an introduction to the city itself and some of the surrounding boroughs, with guided tours of Chetham’s Library, Manchester Cathedral, the Portico Library, the People’s History Museum and Rochdale Town Hall, and visits to Elizabeth Gaskell’s House, the former St Benedict’s Church, Ardwick, Salford Lads’ Club, the Salford Museum & Art Gallery and the Rochdale Pioneers’ Museum.
The programme features walking tours of central Manchester and Ardwick, including explorations of the Rochdale and Ashton Canals.
Tour begins: Monday June 3rd 2019, 6.30pm
Tour ends: Friday June 7th 2019, 5.00pm
Accommodation: Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, Portland St, Manchester M1 4PH
- people with sensory or other physical limitations are very welcome, but to participate fully guests need to be able to walk and stand in and out of doors for up to 90 minutes at a time
- stout footwear and outdoor clothing are recommended
- the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel is a short walk from Piccadilly railway station and easily accessible by tram from Victoria and Piccadilly railway stations
- four nights’ half-board accommodation
- three lunches
- coach-travel, Metrolink travel and admission to heritage sites
To book this tour, please download the tour outline, booking form, optional travel-insurance information and terms and conditions, and post the completed booking form with an initial deposit cheque for £100.00 for each place, payable to Norman Allen Group Travel Ltd, to Mike Higginbottom Interesting Times, 63 Vivian Road, Sheffield, S5 6WJ.
All Mike Higginbottom Interesting Times holidays are booked with and operated by Norman Allen Group Travel Ltd (ABTA W9928).