Mike Higginbottom Interesting Times offers a range of architectural and social history themed tours for individuals and couples who wish to visit places of interest in congenial company, using comfortable hotels or adult college-accommodation with car-parking and practical access by public transport.
Mike’s tours give the opportunity to see more in a short time than guests could plan individually, and wherever possible to share historical touring experiences not accessible to individual members of the public.
Over a period of more than one year, these themes are covered:
- country houses
- historic towns and cities
- Fun Palaces: the history and architecture of the entertainment industry
- Victorian England
- Transports of Delight: waterways and railways
- USA architecture and history
All programmes are led by Mike Higginbottom, and provide –
- itineraries in advance, indicating how much walking, standing and stair-climbing involved
- free admission where applicable for card-carrying members of English Heritage, National Trust, Art Fund and Friends of the Historic Houses Association
- detailed, illustrated historical visit-notes handbook to each tour
- first-night pre-dinner introductory presentation
- group-size is limited to a maximum of twenty-five, and single rooms are available at no extra cost.
For further details please contact –
63 Vivian Road
Telephone & fax: 0114-242-0951
All Mike Higginbottom Interesting Times holidays are booked with and operated by Norman Allen Group Travel Ltd (ABTA W9928).