Monday June 7th-Friday June 11th 2021
Because of the coronavirus pandemic this tour, originally scheduled for June 2020, has been postponed to the above dates in 2021.
The tour-price and the venue will remain the same in 2021, but it will take a while to reconfirm the programme details which will be as close to the 2020 itinerary as possible.
Tour-price per head: £970.00
Full amount of tour-price due: Monday March 29th 2021
This tour explores the fascinating places of interest that Liverpool offers off the regular tourist routes.
Based at the unusual Mercure Atlantic Tower Hotel, overlooking the River Mersey beside Pier Head, the programme will include – among much else – a high-level view of the city from the Radio City Tower and a below-ground exploration on the Old Dock Tour, followed by a tour of the Williamson Tunnels at Edge Hill.
Among the unlikely buildings included will be a cinema that’s now a riding school, the Park Palace Ponies, a swimming baths that’s now a pet shop and The Florrie, a celebrated Victorian boys’ club that gave Gerry Marsden a start in his music career.
The itinerary includes the two remaining iron churches designed by Thomas Rickman for John Cragge of the Mersey Iron Foundry – St George’s, Everton and St Michael-in-the-Hamlet, Toxteth – and a spectacular Victorian church by George Frederick Bodley, St John the Baptist, Tuebrook.
For background information on some of the sites included in this tour, please click here.
Tour begins: Monday June 7th 2021, 6.30pm
Tour ends: Friday June 11th 2020, 4.00pm
Accommodation: Mercure Atlantic Tower Hotel, Chapel Street, Liverpool L3 9RE
- people with sensory or other physical limitations are very welcome, but to participate fully guests need to be able to walk and stand in and out of doors for up to 90 minutes at a time
- stout footwear and outdoor clothing are recommended
- the Mercure Atlantic Tower Hotel is within walking distance of James Street and Moorfields railway stations and a taxi-ride from Central and Lime Street railway stations
- four nights’ half-board accommodation
- two lunches
- coach-travel and admission to heritage sites
- some journeys are made by public transport – guests who do not possess a National Bus Pass will be provided with a travelcard on request
To book this tour, please download the tour outline, booking form, optional travel-insurance information and terms and conditions, and post the completed booking form with an initial deposit cheque for £100.00 for each place, payable to Norman Allen Group Travel Ltd, to Mike Higginbottom Interesting Times, 63 Vivian Road, Sheffield, S5 6WJ.
All Mike Higginbottom Interesting Times holidays are booked with and operated by Norman Allen Group Travel Ltd (ABTA W9928).